Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Fucking Yankees Are At It Again....


Just when I thought things couldn't go any worse...

Trying to get rid of the steam in my head, I went to the Major League Baseball website to check on the latest news from one of my favorite sports.Arriving on the homepage, I was startled to see two disturbing news items.

The first was a news about rumors surrounding Boston Red Sox star outfielder Manny Ramirez.There are rumors that Manny Ramirez will be trade to the Florida Marlins.Seeing this, I couldn't help but feel enraged, that the Boston Red Sox front office would even attempt to trade one of the anchors to the success of the franchise.It would have been understandable if Manny had just showed a downward slide in his career.Which he's not.He has just recorded his 14th consecutive season of hitting at least 20 home runs in a single season, not to mention the fact that this season he had just passed the 500 home run mark.I mean hat the fuck is going on???

Now the second news.Catcher Ivan Rodriguez has been acquired by the New York Yankees.I'm sure a few friends of mine who are Yankee fans would be nothing less than overjoyed at this.I' am not.As a Red Sox fan, I am not only honor bound to hate the Yankees, it is a moral obligation to do so.Jeez, when will the hated Evil Empire sop hoarding all of the great players in the Majors???

What bothers me about this is that Ivan Rodriguez, 14 time Gold Glove winner at backstop, is a personal favorite of mine.You may notice that this blog is titled Pudge Rockstar.That's because Ivan Rodriguez is nicknamed Pudge, and I took the nick from him, a player I idolize for leadership and talent.So, naturally the Evil Empire's acquisition of my hero, and being a Red Sox fan, would strike a nerve.Dammit Dammit Dammit!!!!

If it's any consolation, I do hope the trend keeps up.Everytime the Yanks hoard on great players, they end up having a horrible season and offseason.Take 2004.It's always a good year.Up 3-0 in the ALCS against the Red Sox, with a lineup that includes Gary Sheffield, A-Rod and other stars, and then----BOOOOOMMMMM!!!!-----the greatest comeback in sports history.Red Sox win the ALCS, World Series, and win the World Series again in 2007.Sweet times.

Keep up the trend.

As for Pudge, okay, be a Yankee.I'll deal with it.Sooner or later, the Empire will crumble again.

No comments: